- Lives in Texas
- Maintains the “go-getter,” hardworking attitude her dad instilled in her
- Loves to cook and craft with her daughter-in-law
- Enjoys garage sales and finding things that are old and new
Lydia’s Journey With Cancer
- Diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in 2008
- Several chemotherapy treatments
- Targeted therapies
- Multiple radiation therapy treatments
From Lydia’s Perspective
“I didn't like to read anything about lung cancer when I was diagnosed, and I should have. Now I want to know everything I can know about lung cancer and not ignore it.
It's very important to talk to people. Your mind can go places you didn't think it could ever go and it can give you some terrible thoughts.
I want to help people who are in the same boat and give them hope. I like to help people and encourage them or pray with them. I think it’s very helpful.
Be knowledgeable, be happy, love everyone, and forgive everyone. You don't have to forget them, but you can forgive them.”