Often there are no clear symptoms of lung cancer, which is why it’s so important to understand all of the possible signs. When lung cancer is found early, it's usually found by chance during a routine procedure or when getting tested for another condition.
Knowing these symptoms may lead to earlier detection and treatment. When lung cancer is diagnosed early, there are more treatment options to fight the cancer.
Some symptoms of lung cancer may include, but are not limited to:
- Difficulty catching your breath
- Uncontrolled cough
- Coughing up spit or phlegm with blood in it
- Shoulder, back, or chest pain
- Chest pain that gets worse with coughing, breathing, or laughing
- Weight loss and lack of appetite
- Excessive tiredness
It's always a good idea to talk with your doctor about any concerns you may have. He or she will know how to help guide you through the next steps.